Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Book of the Month

     So apparently I haven’t done a book of the month since JUNE! Shame on me for not keeping up with the blog like I should’ve been! I promise that once everything goes dormant I’ll have new posts on a regular basis- and I’ll do better to have new posts during future growing seasons. Cross my heart.
     Alrighty, so this month’s book is probably a choice that y’all were not expecting. I am an uber irrigation nerd and am inviting everyone to join me in nerddom! This book isn’t a book you’ll likely pick up for pleasure reading but it can come in incredibly handy if you ever need to troubleshoot your irrigation system. It’s fittingly called Trouble Shooting Irrigation Control Systems  by Bill Derryberry. This book lists and explains every electrical problem that can go wrong with your controller and valves. It also has good diagrams about the basics of how the valves work other than the electric aspect.
     It’s actually readable too, Derryberry has a sense of humor and he doesn’t write like an engineer. It’s surprisingly easy to follow.  The Irrigation Association endorses this book and sells it in their bookstore at trade shows and online at: http://www.irrigation.org/IAWEB/Core/Orders/product.aspx?catid=6&prodid=309
     If you have troubleshooting questions that aren’t answered in this book (or that you’re still confused about) you can always email me at JWatters@ChattahoocheeTech.edu and I’ll be happy to help you out!


Jessica Watters, GCLP               Horticulture Technician                   Chattahoochee Technical College


No comments:

Post a Comment